Thursday, March 12, 2009
Il fait beau!
Although this week was a lot busier than last, i finally got to take advantage of the warm weather! Yesterday, one of my classes was canceled, so I spent a few hours studying on the beach with some friends. It was so warm and sunny!! Even the French (who usually walk around in winter coats!), were stretched out in bikinis and trunks. There was even a topless granny (!), which was quite disturbing. Despite the excessive (or so i thought) amount of sunscreen i applied, my arms got a nice bronze tint and now i have a scoop-neck tan line. Well, at least it's not a farmer's tan. Its crazy how only last Sunday, I was skiing in the Alps at Isola 2000 (only 2 hours from Nice), which btw was amazing. For the price of the bus and life ticket (30Euro), the views were amazing and the powder was fresh. Being near the border, we could see Italy, which was only the next mountain over. Even in the Alps, it was so sunny and warm that one of my friends skiied shirtless and ended up getting sunburned. Surprisingly, no one on the mountain seemed perturbed-well we did see someone decked out head to toe in a banana suit and another in a cow suit. This weekend definitely won't be as fun because I have a literature paper due on Monday, and a wine and cheese presentation on Wednesday. We might go back to Eze to faire un randonnee, or to go hiking. On Sunday, my homestay is supposed to get four new students. One of the girls I live with left last week, and the other two are leaving this weekend. Im kind of sad because we just got to know them, and now theyre all leaving. For the rest of my stay until June, all the students who come are going to be temporary, staying for no more than a week or two.
1 comment:
your french life sounds so loveely my dear... skiing one weekend and sunning the next. and I lvoe hearing about it!
<3 Val
p.s. I always have a scoopneck tan haha, it kind of sucks but what can you do :p
Post a Comment